We hope that you enjoyed Didsbury Dinners’ second celebration of local, seasonal food, Green Food Trail, which ran from 7 to 8 September this year.
Here are some of the highlights from the Trail!
SATURDAY 7 SEPTEMBER
- Free apple-jucing at Unicorn Grocery, Chorlton
- Free family-friendly entertainment at Westcroft Community Centre, Burnage
Where you could:
* Find out how to turn just about any veg into a fantastic curry, and how to whip up tasty tapas.
* Pedal a bike-powered smoothie maker.
* Get answers to those burning food-growing questions.
* Enjoy live music from the talented Hugo Kensdale.
* Sign up for a free 6-week ‘learn to cook’ course.
* Find out about the benefits of bokashi and what Manchester Friends of the Earth have been doing to support local bee populations.
* Sign up to have affordable, fresh and seasonal veg delivered to your door.
SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER
- Free food harvesting with Abundance Manchester
- Free community BBQ at Fletcher Moss Community Orchard, Didsbury
Gorgeous weather for Didsbury Greening and Growing Group’s community BBQ. Held at Fletcher Moss Community Orchard.
- Blackberry-picking tea party at Barlow Moor Road Community Garden, Didsbury
Hope y’all enjoyed the Trail as much as we did!
And here is the programme if you haven’t seen it. Exciting!: